Maritime Forces Pacific
MARPAC Quick Facts
- Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Esquimalt is Canada’s Pacific Coast naval base. It encompasses 12,000 acres and 1,500 buildings.
- CFB Esquimalt contributes nearly $600 million into the local community annually.
- Fleet Maintenance Facility Cape Breton employs 1,200 skilled trade workers and provides all necessary naval engineering, repair and maintenance for the Canadian Pacific Fleet.
- Canadian Forces Fleet School Esquimalt employs over 300 military and civilian professionals that conduct hard sea trades training for the naval defence team.
- Fleet Diving Unit Pacific provides diving support to MARPAC. The unit was established after World War Two as a Mine Counter diving unit. Today, the unit can be deployed throughout the world to carry out weapon neutralization operations on land, sea, or air.