Maritime Forces Pacific (MARPAC) is responsible for generating and maintaining multi-purpose, combat-capable maritime forces prepared to conduct operations in Canadian waters, and in support of national objectives anywhere in the world.
- MARPAC Headquarters- CANFLTPAC
- FMF Cape Breton
- CFB Esquimalt
- NOTC (Venture)
- Officer in Charge: Commander Maritime Forces Pacific
- Public Affairs: 363-5789
- # of military personnel: 4,200
- # of civilian personnel: 2,000
- Headquarters location: D100
- Date stood up: 1910 with the establishment of the Royal Canadian Navy
- The domestic area of responsibility covers 1.7 million square kilometres of ocean in the north eastern Pacific.
- Commander MARPAC is also the Commander of Joint Task Force (Pacific) with operational control over forces deployed in response to a domestic crisis.
- MARPAC and Canadian Fleet Pacific are supported by 1 Canadian Air Division aircraft based at 19 Wing Comox and 443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron at Victoria Airport.
- The ships of CANFLTPAC undertake domestic and international missions.
- Nationally, ships and aircraft patrol the 27,000 km of B.C. coastline in support of DND as well as other government departments such as the RCMP, Canada Border Services Agency, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans and Environment Canada.
- The Joint Operations Centre keeps track of all shipping headed for the Pacific approaches to Canada. The work of the JOC is complemented by the Marine Security Operations Centre jointly staffed by Navy and other government department personnel responsible for maritime security in Canada.